NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to creating opportunities for their employees to grow in the fields of healthcare and patient support. They recently announced plans to merge with Edward-Elmhurst Health, allowing them to expand into the West and South Sides. Apply to become a Patient Care Technician and develop your career at a growing healthcare provider!
- Work under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) to deliver patient care
- Assist with vital signs, including manual blood pressure, 12-Lead EKG, bladder ultrasound, foley catheter and IV adapter removal, sterile specimen collection, bathing, beds, ambulating, turning, hourly rounding, blood glucose, feeding, admitting patients to room, preparing patients for discharge, and any other duties delegated by the RN
- Assist with the implementation of a patient specific care plan
- PCT Certification
- BLS/CPR from American Heart Association certification and either Nursing Assistant Certification (IL) or Student Nurse who has completed one clinical rotation, Medical Assistant Certification, or EMT-B/Paramedic training
- High school diploma or GED required