NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to creating opportunities for their employees to grow in the fields of healthcare and patient support. NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is the third largest healthcare delivery system in Illinois. Comprised of nine hospitals, they serve an area of 4.2 million residents across six Chicagoland counties.
- Works under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) to deliver patient care
- Assists with vital signs (including manual blood pressure), 12-lead EKG, bladder ultrasound, Foley catheter and IV adapter removal, sterile specimen collection, bathing, beds, ambulating, turning, hourly rounding, blood glucose, feeding, admitting patients to room, preparing patients for discharge, and any other duties delegated by the registered nurse
- Assists with the implementation of a patient specific care plan
- Stable employment history (at least 2 years at most recent job)
- One year clinical experience preferred
- BLS/CPR from American Heart Association required to start
- Nursing Assistant Certification (by the state of Illinois); good standing on the IDPH healthcare worker registry required, or student nurse who has completed one clinical rotation, Medical Assistant Certification, or EMT-B / Paramedic training.