With its 200 locations, including 10 hospitals, Northwestern prides itself on its footprint in the Chicago area. Its network comprises research hospitals, acute care facilities, and academic centers, and they’re one of Chicagoland’s largest employers. Be part of a team committed to patient care and community investment. Apply for their Housekeeping Assistant role today.
- Cleans the patients rooms, waiting rooms and other areas of the facility, including cleaning blood and body fluids
- Maintains and cleans the equipment and returns it to assigned location, such as the equipment storeroom or janitor’s closet. Keeps janitor’s closet and storage area neat and orderly.
- Empties trash and cleans waste containers
- Transports hospital property and equipment as needed
- High school diploma or GED required
- One year of similar janitorial experience in any setting
- Able to perform physically strenuous tasks
- Comfortable using computerized bed tracking system to track cleaning progress throughout the shift