The University of Chicago Medical Center is based in Hyde Park with a footprint across Chicagoland. Our partners are committed to impacting the health, economic mobility, and quality of life of its community—they're currently the largest employer on Chicago's South Side. As a participant in the Skills Pivot to Success program, you can develop career pathways as a UChicago Medicine Pharmacy Technician by completing educational requirements and receiving your certification. Join UChicago Medicine at the forefront of medical care and apply for the program today!
- Candidates will be enrolled in a 24-week PharmTech class Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday while working at UChicago Medicine and learning hands-on pharmacy work Tuesdays and Fridays
- Pharmacy Technicians will be responsible for and paid for their online training time with Pharmacy Tech University, under the supervision of UChicago Medicine Staff
- Pharmacy Technicians will support pharmacists in the distribution, compliance, auditing, and financial transactions required of the UChicago Medicine Pharmacy Department
- This opportunity is perfect for you if you have a diploma or GED equivalent and are 18 years old or older by August 1st
- Have any customer service experience (retail, hospitality, etc.)
- Are interested in a field in healthcare or retail management
- Are proactive and enjoy learning on the job