The University of Chicago Medical Center is based in Hyde Park with a footprint across Chicagoland. Our partners are committed to impacting the health, economic mobility, and quality of life of its community—they're currently the largest employer on Chicago's South Side. As a participant in the Skills Pivot to Success program, you can develop career pathways as a UChicago Medicine Pharmacy Technician by completing educational requirements and receiving your certification. Join UChicago Medicine at the forefront of medical care and apply for the program today!
- Candidates will be enrolled in a 24-week (6-7 Month) PharmTech class Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday while working at UChicago Medicine learning hands on pharmacy work Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Pharmacy Techs will be responsible for and paid for their online training time with Pharmacy Tech University, under the supervision of UChicago Medicine Staff. Participants will take training in person with all materials provided by Skills.
- Pharm Techs will support Pharmacists in the distribution, compliance, auditing, and financial transactions required of the UCMC Pharmacy Department.
- Candidates must have a high school diploma and are 18 years or older by January 1st, 2024.
- Candidates ideally have any customer service experience (retail, hospitality, etc.)
- Candidates must be interested in a field in healthcare and retail management.
- Apply if you are proactive and enjoy learning on the job.