Be part of a billion-dollar industry and a longstanding family tradition when you apply to become a Material Handler at Ferrara Candy. Our partners have a deep commitment to investing in their people and their communities. During the pandemic, they donated 20 tons of cookies and candy to healthcare workers and first responders. With a fun vibe and a focus on giving back, Ferrara delights their customers with sweet treats.
- Moves products, material and equipment through facility with the use of material handling equipment (i.e. pallet jack, forklift) and distributes them within warehouse.
- Conducts material audits and checks each pallet for correct labeling, commodity code, pallet tag number, and pallet integrity before transporting to the intended process.
- Place unacceptable pallets in the pallet repair staging area. Inspects material handling equipment and wooden pallets for damage and cleanliness prior to use or storage.
- Check material handling equipment’s battery durability and charges if needed.
- Diploma or GED required
- Must have at least 1 year of Material Handling
- Ability to walk, stand, and use stairs for a prolonged period and lift up to 40lbs of product
- Ideal candidates have one year experience operating packaging machinery, food manufacturing strongly preferred